Red Line Synthetic Oil Provides Helpful Tips and Tricks for Off-Road Enthusiasts
Many off-road enthusiasts can save time by staying at home and doing their bit. Red Line Synthetic Oil is a market leader in performance lubricants and can help you get your off-road vehicle ready for whatever the trail may bring.
Red Line experts often answer questions from customers who are just starting off-roading. Kyle Neal, Red Line’s off-road and resident product expert, has provided some suggestions and areas for improvement.
- Tires: Wider wheels and all-terrain tires are the most popular initial upgrades. The right combination of wheel and tire can improve ground clearance and give you more grip. The specific terrain and application will determine the tire pressure.
- Lights: Lights often become the second modification to off-road vehicles because of their aesthetics and low price. Lighting serves many essential functions. They provide excellent lighting for working at night and can improve your visibility on trails. You can see ground hazards even if your headlights are pointed up.
- Bumpers: A bumper is a visually pleasing modification that can provide extra tire and general ground clearance, as well as serving to mount heavy-duty lights, winches, spare tires carriers, etc.
- Upgrades to Drivetrain: Locking Differentials for Front and Rear Axles are a common upgrade that helps drivers climb over obstacles. They ensure that power is delivered to the wheel that needs it most in any given situation. Performance is also affected by larger tires, which can lower the vehicle’s final drive ratio. This can be corrected by switching to shorter, more aggressive gearing. To keep your rig in good condition, you need to use the right lubricants. Red Line has hundreds of formulations and viscosities available, and its experts can help customers choose the right products.
- Brakes: Regular service of brakes is a must to avoid any problems on the trail. Many off-roaders opt for upgraded aftermarket brake parts and kits to increase their stopping power to offset the extra weight of supplies and equipment. No matter what route you choose, make sure to check your brake fluid levels before venturing off-road. Red Line’s RL600 Brake Fluid has been engineered to keep viscosity at all temperatures. Changing the brake fluid regularly helps ensure that braking systems work to their best and handle emergencies quickly.
- Cooling System: To keep your engine running at its best and avoid engine failures, it is important to monitor engine temperatures. Choosing the right radiators and fans for your application is important to prevent overheating on trails during the summer heat or in extreme climbing conditions. To further reduce temperatures, off-roaders should ensure that the correct hardware is installed. This coolant additive is specially designed to reduce coolant temperatures by up to 20 degrees Fahrenheit and protect against corrosion and rust. Wait for your vehicle’s temperature to cool down before you pour the proper amount.
Standard maintenance is also important. It is important to use the right oil and change it at the appropriate intervals. This will help minimize potential failures that could leave off-roaders stuck on the trail. Red Line’s High-Performance line is available in 16 viscosities, including diesel-specific versions. This allows consumers to choose the right oil for their needs. Synthetic motor oils offer greater protection and are more likely not to lose their viscosity at extreme temperatures. Red Line oil products provide excellent wear protection and friction reduction in a variety of operating conditions.
Red Line’s SI-1 Complete fuel system cleaner is a quick and effective way for off-roaders to make sure their fueling system works at its best. It removes harmful deposits and prevents new ones from building up in injectors, carburettors and combustion chambers. It can clean up to 98% efficiency in just one treatment. Users will only need one bottle for the best results.